1. The Excellence Dividend by Tom Peters. It’s inspiring, easy to read and forwards a fundamental principle, the pursuit of excellence as a grand goal.
2. Crossing the Unknown Sea, Work as a Pilgrimage of Identity by David Whyte. He open minds and hearts by helping to create real meaning and fulfilment in work.
3. Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. A humane exploration in being bold. She’s a heroine of mine.
4. Daring to Lead by Brene Brown. Just began reading it as launched this week. I’m already loving it!
5. Better than Before by Gretchen Rubin. A really useful exploration in creating and sustaining great habits.
6. Rising Strong by Brene Brown. More deep insight from a humane exploration of who we are and how that can affect our relationship to work.
7. The Gift of Imperfection by Brene Brown. I guess you can see I’m a fan… This book was my book of the decade. I literally read it and the re read it immediately.
8. Deep Work by Cal Newport. An exploration of how we can create higher quality work by building habits of going deep with our work.
9. Fierce Conversations by Susan Scott. A brilliant guide to implementing clear and impactful conversations.
10. Conversational Intelligence by Judith Glaser. An inspiring insight into creating trust and rapport in work.
11. Super Teams by Khoi Tu. An interesting assessment of what had some super teams be super.
12. Creating We by Judith Glaser. An excellent insight into building great culture at work.
13. Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin. A brilliant biography of another hero of mine, Abraham Lincoln.
14. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. A classic in the world of self development.